[GTALUG] Raspberry Pi gadgets

Alex Volkov avolkov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:56:02 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned there are several Raspberry Pi gadgets coming out on
crowdfunding campaigns that I find interesting.

PiTop -- A raspberry pi based laptop that greatly simplifies learning to
work with hardware, robotics and sensors.
Product page -- http://pi-top.com/
Indiegogo campaign --
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pi-top-a-raspberry-pi-laptop-you-build-yourself

SmartiPi -- a very versatile Raspberry Pi case that incorporates Lego
blocks, VGA backplate mounting holes, stacking, GoPro mounts etc.. for
about $21 - 25 USD.

The project is funded at $11,614, needs $14K and has 4 days to go, so it
could really use some help.

kickstarted page --
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/799765240/smartipi-raspberry-pi-b-and-camera-case

I found out about some of this stuff by listening to Raspberry Pi today
podcast, which is a weekly, 30 minute long podcast, very British.
http://www.raspi.today/

Alex.