Microsoft Calls

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 27 14:28:26 UTC 2014

My recollection of high school was that 'being antisocial' was the worst
thing you could say to someone. I recall being told that on several
occasions. Really what it means is 'You aren't paying enough attention to
*me*'.

The correct nerd response to that should be 'Actually, anti-social is not
correct. Anti-social implies that I am against socializing. That's not
true at all. The correct term is asocial, that is, being social does not
interest me'.

This all came to a head at the grade 13 class party, where the Blonde
Goddess in the class railed at me for bringing my floater ring, model
boat, and other toys. I was under the apparently misapprehension that we
were there to have Fun, but we evidently had different ideas of Fun.

Peter