Semi OT: Academic Firewall Rules

David Collier-Brown davec-b-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 21 17:26:01 UTC 2014

York blocked very little when I worked there, as the Philosophy
Department expected profs and staff to have access to everything.
Student labs were not initially not connected to the outside, so in
effect they had access to nothing (:-))

Student residence networks were open where they existed, and we had a
bit of spam filtering tor all yorku.ca addresses.

Why do you ask?

--dave

davecb-0XdUWXLQalXR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org           |                      -- Mark Twain