Multiple X ( Desktop ) Sessions in Ubuntu

Todd Howe tehowe-lJUvcdpYuyfIEIWhD7vHkg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 23 18:12:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 03:47:26PM -0500, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:

<snipsnip>

> Hey Todd, have a look at Gnome Commander ?

Oh, nice, MC for the desktop.

> If your a gnome classic lover like me Mate <http://mate-desktop.org/> is
> very good too :)
> Unity has it's good points but does not work for me. It's personal

It (Unity) has some nifty features, like the ALT-key thing that searches an
application's menus for you, but it entirely blacklisted itself from consideration
for my next distro when it started datamining searches after the LTS.

That, and there are plenty of other options for semantic desktop search
now as well. Someone was telling me I should look into 'Gnome Do'.

*Waits for Jesse*
--
-____ Todd Howe ____________________ tehowe-lJUvcdpYuyfIEIWhD7vHkg at public.gmane.org ___________-
 -____ GPG: public key id E8BCABA7__ IM: tehowe on twitter, jabber ____-