Multiple X ( Desktop ) Sessions in Ubuntu

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 22 20:47:26 UTC 2014

>Hi Aruna;

>That was quite interesting, thanks. If you happen to see which DEs support
>context-menu, or similarly quick option for mounting samba shares during
the
>course of your investigations, could you share that info as well?

Hey Todd, have a look at Gnome Commander ?

If your a gnome classic lover like me Mate <http://mate-desktop.org/> is
very good too :)

>Unity seems to be getting worse and not better with each Ubuntu point
release on my Precise
>installs, breaking compositing across various kinds of hardware and I'm in
>holding pattern with Unity 2D until I can find a better replacement
(ideally,
>a DE with semantic search as well). I tried Cinnamon, but one disadvantage
that
>I saw was no quick native way to mount my shares.

Unity has it's good points but does not work for me. It's personal
preference I suppose but the Unity dock/launcher I am yet trying to move to
a location other than the default left with nil success. It takes up
real-estate on my screen I need and can put to good use and it gets in the
way most times by making me click many times than necessary so for those
who love Unity and it work's for you great but am happy with my Gnome
Classic.

Gnome3 vs Unity:http://lifehacker.com/5853099/linux-desktop-faceoff-gnome-3-vs-ubuntu-unity
Thank's - Aruna

<https://sites.google.com/site/arunahewapathirane/home/business-card/buisness-card.png?attredirects=0>