Multiple X ( Desktop ) Sessions in Ubuntu

Todd Howe tehowe-lJUvcdpYuyfIEIWhD7vHkg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 22 16:02:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:25:53PM -0500, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:
> I was testing window managers and having a hard time comparing each due to
> constantly having to log-off and sign back in as another user with a
> different window manager and then something sweet happened. I came across a
> article and now I am flipping back and forth between virtual terminals that
> have gnome-classic, LXDE, Openbox and Awesome and it's amazing.
>
> The article is here:
> http://www.doknowevil.net/2010/10/13/multiple-x-desktop-sessions-in-ubuntu/
> and for those of us who are lazy the content is right below, seriously you
> should try this it blew me away :)

Hi Aruna;

That was quite interesting, thanks. If you happen to see which DEs support a
context-menu, or similarly quick option for mounting samba shares during the
course of your investigations, could you share that info as well? Unity seems
to be getting worse and not better with each Ubuntu point release on my Precise
installs, breaking compositing across various kinds of hardware and I'm in a
holding pattern with Unity 2D until I can find a better replacement (ideally,
a DE with semantic search as well). I tried Cinnamon, but one disadvantage that
I saw was no quick native way to mount my shares.

Thanks;
--
-____ Todd Howe ____________________ tehowe-lJUvcdpYuyfIEIWhD7vHkg at public.gmane.org ___________-
 -____ GPG: public key id E8BCABA7__ IM: tehowe on twitter, jabber ____-