Linux Desktop on Android Device?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 12 17:43:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:49:33AM -0500, Stephen W. Clarke wrote:
> Does anyone on this list know of a tutorial that explains the process for
> replacing the OS on an android device with a Linux Desktop? is if even
> possible? I assume I'd have to use adb and fastboot, but I'm not sure
> exactly what the steps are or the order they need to be done in.

You would have to get a kernel with the right drivers, and a driver for
the video chip that can run X.

After that, well you would need some way to get the touch screen to work
with X or using a mouse somehow.

The actual booting and replacing the firmware is a trivial minor detail
in the overall task.

--
LeN Sorensen