Linux Desktop on Android Device?

Jason Shaw grazer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 12 15:08:32 UTC 2014

Like Tim pointed out, it is so hardware specific that it's rather
non-trivial to do.  Most phones use binary blobs and proprietary hardware
which makes rolling your own Linux rather complicated.  A lot of the Linux
on phones projects actually rely on the Android kernel to boot.  You might
have a look at http://www.ubuntu.com/phone for some details, and there's
also KDE Plasma which can be installed on the Nexus 7 tablet (and possibly
other mobile devices) which has a good community working on it:
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Community_Workspace/Tegra3/Nexus7/PA_installation

Other projects of note are Nemo, Meego, and Mer, which are all working to
bring Linux to mobile devices.

Knowing what hardware you are working with will help to narrow the field a
bit.

-jason