Linux Desktop on Android Device?

Tim Tisdall tisdall-DXT9u3ndKiSh7up9GtFB90EOCMrvLtNR at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 12 16:25:36 UTC 2014

I have no experience with getting Linux running on TI's OMAP.  A quick
Google search gave me this:
http://omappedia.org/wiki/Linux_OMAP_Kernel_Project

Like Jason was saying, though, after you get a kernel running you then have
to figure out how to support all of the different hardware on the device
you have.  Cell phones are brutal because there are usually no open drivers
to communicate with the cell phone components to allow you to actually make
phone calls.  Since you're working with a touch-screen device, you may be
able to get it working, but it'll take a lot of work.  Also, I don't really
know how well the different Linux desktops work with touch screen
interfaces.