HDMI to VGA adapter has arrived.

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 27 07:30:08 UTC 2013

On 26 September 2013 15:24, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > We chose this one specifically, after borrowing the same model from Colin
> > McGregor for testing.
> >

> http://canada.newark.com/element14/piview/cable-assembly-hdmi-to-vga-adapter/dp/07W8937
>
> Just to expand on this a little, I bought the above adapter for use
> with one of my Raspberry Pies. Having spent $35 on a computer, I
> wasn't about to drop another $100+ plus on a new monitor, not when I
> had a couple of 15" LCD VGA monitors available.

That's why I'm surprised that you dropped $20+shipping on an HDMI-to-VGA
adaptor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-Chipset-HDMI-Male-to-VGA-Female-Video-Cable-Cord-Converter-Adapter-Black/310757053138

Maybe it might not have worked, but it was probably worth trying at the
price. It looks identical to the Newark one.

- Evan