Secure Credit Card Station

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 23 16:16:45 UTC 2013

On 13-09-21 05:19 PM, Alex Beamish wrote:
> If I were presented with this scenario, I would choose not to make the
> purchase, as I'd have no way to tell if there were hidden cameras around or
> key-loggers installed on the laptop. I only use my credit card to buy on the
> Internet using my own systems.

I agree with that. I wouldn't trust someones laptop. You don't know for sure
what will be done with the data you enter, or if the laptop is free of
malware/spyware that could capture the CC data and pass it to someone else.

> I would recommend instead some sort of portable Cedit/Debit machine that's
> been approved by the bank.

You often see portable machines at various events and trade fairs. We may be
used to using them but I've heard of situations where they have been used to
capture CC data. You can't really know if the use of any given machine is
truly safe. The only real way to keep CC data safe is not to use the card
but that defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.