Teksavvy modem reliability

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri May 3 23:21:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:06:23PM -0400, Alex Beamish wrote
> My girlfriend has been a Teksavvy customer for about five months,
> and is currently having an issue with her modem. She has now been
> without service for a few days; Bell visited and confirmed that the
> outside wiring is fine.

  I have a Thomson SpeedTouch ST546, which I got in November 2007, for
5/0.8 megabits ADSL.  It's still running fine today at 7/1 megabits.
The only problem is Bell's Stinger remote, which only syncs at 856 kbits
up, netting only 700 kbits up on Speedtest.net.  But you can't blame
that on the modem.

> I don't know the model number, but it's a black unit with green
> lights, if that helps. Thoughts?

  Pick it up, turn it over, and read the label<G>.