Soup Alternatives

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 2 18:38:19 UTC 2013

So, back to our small but real issue of where to get together for
socializing before GTALug meetings... Salad King is out, but where is
in?

The list as stands:

===========================

Discards:

- Milestones - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas 4th floor. Very limited
number of under $15 menu items.
- Jack Astor's - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas 4th floor. Very limited
number of under $15 menu items.
- Johnny Rockets - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas off Dundas, Ground floor.
Very little for the vegetarians
- Five Guys Burgers - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas, off Yonge, Ground
floor, Vegetarian hostile
- Chipotle Mexican Grill - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas, off Yonge,
Ground floor. Very limited menu
- Zanzibar - Yonge just north of Gould east side. Has "Adult"
entertainment, enough said.
- Made in China - Yonge just north of Gould east side, Dining room
seemed too small
- Korean Grill House - Yonge just north of Gould east side. Dining
room seemed too small
- St. Louis Bar and Grill - Atrium on Bay N/W corner Yonge & Dundas.
Sporting event on and place was PACKED.

Worth further review:

- Tim Hortons - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas Ground floor (entrance off
Victoria). Basic, reliable
- Food court - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas 3rd floor. Good range of
inexpensive food, didn't seem that crowded about 7 PM
- Panera Bread - N/W corner Yonge & Edward. - Sandwiches, soup, &
pasta. Has 2nd floor eating area
- Pickle Barrel - Atrium on Bay - N/W corner Yonge & Dundas - Good all
round spot
- Hard Rock Cafe - On Yonge, just south of Dundas Square. Touristy but
otherwise has possibilities
- Swiss Chalet - Yonge just north of Gould west side - Basic, reliable
- Spring Sushi - N/E corner Yonge & Dundas 5th floor - Didn't see
dining room, but menu looks interesting
- Spring Roll - Atrium on Bay N/W corner Yonge & Dundas. Seemed a bit
busy but has possibilities.
- Kabab Grill, Yonge & Gerard (middle eastern) -- good reviews, meat
and veggie variety, has upstairs seating that could be talked into
reserving a  spot for regulars.
- Donair Kebab House, same area  -- ditto except for the upstairs
- Yueh Tung, Dundas @ Elizabeth

Last Tuesday evening I went to Panera Bread quite frankly with the
hope I could remove them from the "Worth Further Review" list, but
they are a perfectly reasonable choice (on a number of key points
better than Salad King). So, anyone have any particular preferences in
the above list? Is there anyone who would like to join me at one of
the "Worth Further Review" place to help exclude a location from the
list?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor