Teksavvy modem reliability

Stan Witkowski stan-IWrolz/j94yY+5vIsb+96wC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Fri May 3 14:33:59 UTC 2013

At 12:06 PM 2013-05-02, Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>My girlfriend has been a Teksavvy customer for about five months,
>and is currently having an issue with her modem. She has now been
>without service for a few days; Bell visited and confirmed that the
>outside wiring is fine.
>I don't know the model number, but it's a black unit with green
>lights, if that helps. Thoughts?
>Alex

1) I have a Thompson Speedtouch ST516 V6  (a black unit with green lights)
    from Teksavvy, and have had Teksavvy DSL service since mid-1012.
    Both have worked flawlessly.

    Can you briefly swap in another modem to check?

2) Um, er, OK, I don't know about anyone else, but in a TECHNICAL MAILING LIST
    I personally would be ashamed to say
          "...it's a black unit with green lights"
    because it could lead to getting back replies like
          "the purple ones with amber lights work real good..."  <grin>

Stan.