Top Post vs Bottom Post

Fernando Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 6 15:37:58 UTC 2013

> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Top Post vs Bottom Post

Hello,

Here are my random thoughts about top/bottom posting.

I don't care if people top/bottom/whatever post; the same way I don't criticize other people's grammar, punctuation or writing style in posts. I don't see the big deal.

I do acknowledge some people have strong opinions about one posting way over the other but sorry, I reply in the way it makes more sense to me:

- If a reply addresses one or more points in the middle of a post, and especially if it can be confused with other points, then interspersed sentences are the best. Optionally trimming other text that is not pertaining is usually good.

- If I reply to a short post (one or two paragraphs) I'll tend to reply at the bottom; it reads better.

- If I reply to a very long post with something short related to the whole post (esp. when I know it's my last comment and it won't have a reply) then I'll top post; if you followed the conversation is faster to just get the one reply than scrolling a wall of text and find it at the bottom.

Cheers,