Exchange active sync on Linux

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 17 15:01:36 UTC 2013

K-9 Mail is also good on android. I used it for APG at a time...I think it
also did push technology.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> William Muriithi wrote:
> >
> > Morning,
> >
> > I am curious if anyone here know of ways around getting mails to
> > mobile devices other than using Microsoft Exchange.
> >
> > We have an old 2003 installation that need updating but I would like
> > to check out alternatives out that I may do similar things. We are
> > also weak on Microsoft technology so something on a platform that we
> > use daily would be a great fit.
> >
> > Don't seem to be lucky with Google. The only thing that came up was
> > SOGo and it seems like one need to install a client on the phones :(
> > It really looks great on other aspects.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > William
> >

> Any IMAP server should be able to do that.  I have my own IMAP server on
> my home computer and mail is available on my smart phone and tablet.  I
> also did the same at work, almost 2 years ago.  Google also supports
> IMAP and there are GMail apps for smart phones and tablets.  In fact,
> there's a GMail app included with Android.

 Want to send emails that can't be read by someone else

Some people ask "Why encrypt email?" The reason is simple: privacy. As it
stands, getting access to an email message is very easy to do. Whether it's
because of an email server being
hacked<http://www.defendingthenet.com/Newsletters/HackingSMTPGatewaysCommandReference.htm>,
the email being
intercepted<http://www.wildid.com/default.asp?targetPage=http://www.wildid.com/email_interception.asp>,
or even laws that allow governments to go through all electronic messages
sent<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/05/16/eurocops_want_sevenyear_retention/>.
You have a right to your privacy, but it's up to you to protect that right.

* Encrypt with my pgp key which can be found here:
* https://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/GetWelcomeScreen.event
-- For more info go here: http://www.gnupg.org/ for GNU Version
   or here http://www.symantec.com/business/theme.jsp?themeid=pgp
   for business implementation.