Does KDE really suck this much?

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 28 13:00:46 UTC 2013

On 13-12-27 05:52 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:

>   Lately, the KDE developers have gone nuts with "Semantic Desktop",
> where every file in your user directory is indexed in MySql.

And a very good idea it is indeed. Why should I need to remember where
everything is? Just hit the hotkey, start typing some search terms, and
the desktop presents the files - be it a scanned utility bill, a
spreadsheet, code, whatever.

It's not quite Jef Raskin's SwyftWare, but it helps me find my stuff.

 Stewart