Does KDE really suck this much?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 27 09:02:27 UTC 2013

| From: Matt Price <moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

|  I've been using Linux for a decade so don't need intros to
| basics, but the GUI really baffled me .l- I feel like my mother confronted
| with a new tablet. Never thought that would happen to me...

If you've used Linux for a decade, would you not have exprienced KDE
or earlier Gnome?  Unity isn't a decade old, is it?

I've not used KDE, but your report surprises me.  What's the tough
part?  I've always assumed that each of the major desktop evironments
were serviceable, if not awe inspiring.

I'm not a master of desktops.  I've always (i.e. for 30 years) just
used what the OS provided me.  I find tweaking to take too much effort
considering that it gets washed away regularly.  Heck, I've stuck with
Gnome 3 long enough to be not annoyed by it.