home audio system

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 18 20:57:21 UTC 2013

On 18 December 2013 12:13, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> So that's not bad.  I would say the 1.5GHz arm keeps up quite well with
> the 2.2GHz x86_64.  Sure it's an OLD x86_64, but still.
>
> Maybe the ARMv6 in the Pi just is that shitty or VFPv2 versus VFPv3
> makes that big a difference. :)

Hi Lennart,

At the last TLUG meeting I had asked if anyone in the community with the
CuBox-i <http://cubox-i.com/> as a useful Pi replacement for an XBMC
client. It has a better case, built-in IR receiver, apparently faster
processor, and you don't need to pay extra for useful media codecs.

Do you -- or anyone else here -- have experience with this system?

Thanks!

- Evan