Ubuntu Hour - Toronto

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 6 07:00:27 UTC 2013

> Hi Aruna
>
> I understand the sentimental idea. I have friends on this list that love
> Centos as much as I love Ubuntu. Yes, it is mostly based on what we start
> of with. We all put so much time into learning that first version. Yes, I
> loved the gnome2 as well. But I am sure the latest will get better. All OS
> do eventually improve.

You hit the nail right on the head my dear that is exactly it,  the time we
put into familiarising ourselves with that first distro that is it :-)

> I will have to check out Awesome as soon as I can. I was not aware of that
> one ontil now. Thanks!

Once Awesome is installed and booted you will see an empty desktop and I
mean EMPTY as in no nuthin which can spook one, it sure spooked me. Right
click anywhere on the desktop and you will be on your way, good luck and it
IS fast and lightweight !

--
*Aruna Hewapathirane*
Consultant/Trainer