Ubuntu Hour - Toronto

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 5 23:08:41 UTC 2013

Randy,

Here are some links that shed some light on the privacy issues. What scared
me the most was the first link towards the bottom where they do have access
to your credit card info and other sensitive info.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/42234/how-much-do-canonical-track-ubuntu-one-users-behaviour

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/12/richard-stallman-calls-ubuntu-spyware-because-it-tracks-searches/

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/ubuntu-spyware-what-to-do

Do keep an open mind though, Canonical has formed a partnership with Amazon
that generates revenue for them which is a good thing that allows them to
keep supporting FOSS that being said it should not be at the price of
losing ones identity is all am saying ?