Semi-OT: Why Kids Can't use Computers

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 14 14:25:26 UTC 2013

| From: Marc Lijour <marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>

| Computer science is also is terrific tool to teach other disciplines.
| Check this Google Engineer experience of Computer Science in Vietnam:
| https://neil.fraser.name/news/2013/03/16/

Nice.  Thanks.

Confirms and amplifies too many of my stereotypes -- I must beware.

"Vietnam is a 100% Windows XP monoculture. Probably all with the same
serial number. However, given that a copy of Windows costs one month's
salary, it's easy to understand."

Linux needs to get Microsoft to enforce its copyright.  This too is
old news.