Ubuntu-13.04 -- disabling ALL compiz desktop effects?

Tim Tisdall tisdall-DXT9u3ndKiSh7up9GtFB90EOCMrvLtNR at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 28 22:07:58 UTC 2013

okay.. so I guess I'm going to wait a good while before upgrading.  :)

I'm afraid to make any changes to compiz because there's a bunch of
incompatibilities between Unity and compiz (or at least, the compiz
configuration tool).  Any time I've made changes I end up losing most of
the functionality of the window manager and have a terrible time getting it
back.  Last time I tried it wasn't too long after a fresh install so I just
re-installed Ubuntu and didn't touch it again.  So, I'd be very careful
before fiddling  with settings outside of the "settings" page.