Teksavvy Nightmare

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 10 17:49:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 12:05:51PM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
>
>>   Well, politically you're preaching to the choir I guess. I am not a Bell
>>   fanboy or anything. I only wanted to find out if people knew about
>>   specific technical drawbacks to Bell's service.
>>

> I have not used Bell's Internet service directly. I have recently moved
> from DSL to cable after repeated service slow downs, disconnects, and
> one complete line cut off.
>
> A colleague of mine did a co-op term with Rogers. He described a comedy
> of errors in ticket management.
>
> I think both Bell and Rogers do have agendas to crush competition. This
> is normal. They do have market dominance which give them an unfair
> advantage. And it's not just Internet providing.  I am uncomfortable
> with a carrier owning television networks, as Bell owns CTV. Bell could
> offer cut rates for their channels will charging higher rates to
> competing channels.  Suppose competing channels were to experience
> higher than average outages?
>
> I have Rogers cable. I have noticed that network commercials will
> sometimes be cut short and interrupted by a Rogers commercial.  I am
> suspicious of this.
>
> Most of us have read about the throttling and bandwidth caps proposed
> by Bell and Rogers not long ago. There is still throttling going on now.
>
> There are good reasons to be suspicious of both companies.
>
> Bell and Rogers are not supplying Teksavvy by choice.  I believe they
> were ordered by the CTRTc to do so. It's believable that large
> corporations have bad support due to funding neglect.  That is common
> most places. I believe that both Bell and Rogers neglect support from
> other ISP's. They support them as required, but no more. I also
> believe that support calls from other ISP's get the lowest priority.
>
> I think the state of Internet providers in Canada is terrible. There is
> no good choice.  One simple has to choice the provider that they can
> tolerate the best.
>
> Regarding the original post about Teksavvy.  I would call them at the
> beginning and the end of each day until the issue was fixed or until I
> cancelled and went elsewhere. Tweeting can also get results if Teksavvy
> monitors Twitter.  Corporations do not like bad press.
>

> --

Let me give you an idea what we're talking about here, because I must not
be making myself clear.

On Monday this week, I spoke to a manager named 'Chris'. He was the second
manager we have spoken with, who said that he would personally arrange what
is now the THIRD ATTEMPT at getting a tech out to our home. He promised
that he would call me this morning with an update on what he had done to
expedite this. I am now on the line with Teksavvy, and so far they show no
record that Chris has even touched our file.

That's just the story from the past three days. The same thing has been
happening for almost a month now.

I have spent hours on Twitter with the TeksavvyCSR people. It has made zero
difference.

Teksavvy is clearly just not capable of handling this kind of business.

--
Thomas Milne