Old Sims Available

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 18:29:51 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 02:17:21PM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Old stuff indeed. Can that 68020 be removed or is it soldered to it
> to the board?
>
> I couldn't find a datasheet for the memory chips but based on the
> age of them that I've seen mentioned (around '91 or '92), it's not
> too surprising. 8 chips means 8-bit with no parity, and based on the
> part number and age, I'd hazard a guess that you are looking at 1MB
> modules with a 70nS access (or is it cycle) time.

The 11000 very well might mean 1Mbit or 1000kbit or something like that,
and yes it is certainly 1 bit per chip giving no parity.  And 70ns is
certainly correct for the era.  So 1MB is unfortunately probably most
likely.  Not much use to anyone then.  I will have to raid the pair of
4MB 30 pin sims from my GUS PnP for use in my GVP HD8+ for the amiga.

I could also believe a 68020 based design having 4MB of ram.  16MB would
have been a lot, although not impossible.

--
Len Sorensen