Old Sims Available

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 17 18:17:21 UTC 2012

On 12-09-17 12:19 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:37:23AM -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> I was recently given an ISA plug-in board, which has 4 RAM SIMs on board.
>> I'd guess that the board itself was a video generator. It has a Xilinx
>> XC3090-70 FPGA and Motorola 68020 processor on board.

Old stuff indeed. Can that 68020 be removed or is it soldered to it to the
board?

> Hmm, 30 pin simms with 8 chips.  I wonder if they are 4MB or 1MB simms.
> I can't find the specs of HY85110008BJ-70.

I couldn't find a datasheet for the memory chips but based on the age of
them that I've seen mentioned (around '91 or '92), it's not too surprising.
8 chips means 8-bit with no parity, and based on the part number and age,
I'd hazard a guess that you are looking at 1MB modules with a 70nS access
(or is it cycle) time.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.