Old Sims Available

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 18 07:18:23 UTC 2012

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| I will have to raid the pair of
| 4MB 30 pin sims from my GUS PnP for use in my GVP HD8+ for the amiga.

Gravis UltraSound?  We have the original; I think we upgraded the RAM
(chips, not SIMMs).  But it was a while ago.  The thing had great
promise and lots of fans but not much actual use.

| I could also believe a 68020 based design having 4MB of ram.  16MB would
| have been a lot, although not impossible.

My Sun 3/60's each have a 68020 CPU and 24 slots for 1M 30-pin SIMMs.  Not
all populated.  9-bit SIMMs (for parity).