GUI app to make RPM or DEB package?

Michael Galea michaelgalea-4VtgCsEi+FIybS5Ee8rs3A at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 12 13:14:41 UTC 2012

On 11/10/12 09:41 PM, William Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there graphical frontend in making your own RPM or DEB package?
> It seems that "apt-get" and "yum" are just installer, not package
> creator.
>
> I mean, after
>      ./configure
>      make
>      make install DESTDIR=/tmp/xxx
> what do you do?  In Slackware, you simply run "makepkg" from /tmp/xxx.
> I'm not sure what I have to run in order to build DEB or RPM package.
>
> I use Slackware, but in the latest Slackware-14 (x64), my USB keyboard
> and mouse stop working at the login prompt.  So, I'm looking for another
> distro. :-(

This perl package might be of help for new package builders.  It hid sid
a last week. I haven’t tried it, but it claims to be able to help you
lint your debs after their built.

Package: libconfig-model-dpkg-perl (2.027)

editor for Dpkg source files with validation

The command 'cme edit dpkg' provide a graphical editor for most files of
a package source....

--
Michael Galea