GUI app to make RPM or DEB package?

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 12 02:48:25 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 09:41 PM, William Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there graphical frontend in making your own RPM or DEB package?
> It seems that "apt-get" and "yum" are just installer, not package
> creator.
>
> I mean, after
>      ./configure
>      make
>      make install DESTDIR=/tmp/xxx
> what do you do?  In Slackware, you simply run "makepkg" from /tmp/xxx.
> I'm not sure what I have to run in order to build DEB or RPM package.
>
> I use Slackware, but in the latest Slackware-14 (x64), my USB keyboard
> and mouse stop working at the login prompt.  So, I'm looking for another
> distro. :-(

This is the documentation I used when creating my first package. It walk
through taking what you have above to an rpm package. It uses the GNU
hello project as an example. It's really is the Hello World of RPM
tutorials.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package?rd=A_Short_RPM_Tutorial

More detailed and slightly fedora centric information is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

--
Scott Sullivan