anyone here have an interest in automotive electronics

Dave Cramer davecramer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 20:05:04 UTC 2012

William,

Actually that's not really true. The diagnostics from the computer is only
as good as the input, and the inputs are broken so ....

Many times the factory wrenches can't fix them. Once the car gets over a
certain age many things come into play on a car. Cars are now using 2.5 V
parts which makes the error margin very small. Connectors get corroded.
This can eat up 2.5 V in a hurry.

Vendor lockout actually occurs another way. They all have factory scan
tools, which the independent can't acquire easily.

In the end the system is the same, there are very few inputs/outputs to run
an engine, they are all pretty much the same, how they interact with
everything else is the complex bit.

Dave

Dave Cramer