think twice about buying Linksys routers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 6 15:32:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 10:11:18AM -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> That's a terrifically *bad* way to reward a company. That's like saying
> I don't like your software, but here, take my money anyways and continue
> making poor executive decisions, and software.. That's like staying in a
> bad relationship with someone when you know everything about them except
> their physical appearance is incompatible with you..
>
> Also, tomato runs on more than just Linksys.

Linksys is also one of those companies that will change a product in
completely incompatible ways, keep the name, but give it a new revision
and not put that revision on the box.  At least D-Link and Asus clearly
label revisions on the box so you can tell what you are buying.

Also Linksys boxes tend to run very hot in my experience.

--
Len Sorensen