think twice about buying Linksys routers

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 6 15:23:43 UTC 2012

> > I don't have an issue with buying Linksys hardware. I would have a
> > problem with running Linksys software. In other words, I wouldn't get
> > Linksys hardware that I can't reflash to something like Tomato Linux
> > :-) .
>
> That's a terrifically *bad* way to reward a company. That's like saying
> I don't like your software, but here, take my money anyways and continue
> making poor executive decisions, and software.. That's like staying in a
> bad relationship with someone when you know everything about them except
> their physical appearance is incompatible with you..
>
> Also, tomato runs on more than just Linksys.

Totally agree with you here. We should vote with our wallet. This is not
different from nvidia and other hostile hardware company and even if there
is a way around it, they should not gain financially when you aware of
stuff like this.

If its not financially painful for them, what to prevent everyone of them
doing the same? I think buying somewhere else make sense long term

William