The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 16 14:55:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 02:00:40AM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> One exception; if you have a valid TTC pass or transfer, you can take Viva
> Orange either way between Downsview Station and York
> University<http://www.yrt.ca/en/farespasses/resources/Viva_orange_TTC_notice_half_web.pdf>.
> This is especially useful nights and weekends when the 196 York U buses
> aren't every few minutes, and most people don't know about it.

And of course the other exception that particular bus has is that is
IS allowed to pick up at downsview and drop off at york university,
which other YRT busses can't do until they cross steeles.  Not that any
other YRT bus goes to downsview that I know of.  I think they all go to
funch station instead, or don mills station.

Always fun with exceptions.

> It's coming. The current plan is to have Presto system-wide in the TTC by
> 2015, before both the start of the Pan Am Games and the opening of the
> subway extension to the Vaughan Wal-Mart.
>
> (I'm still having a hard time calling that stop "Vaughan Corporate Centre"
> with a straight face)

Yeah I know.  Silly name.  It's a Walmart, Lowe's, futureshop, a few
hotels, Ikea, some pubs, a movie theatre, and Toromont pretty much.

--
Len Sorensen