New computer, recommendations?

Peter King peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 14 01:13:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:13:21PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Legacy boot support is automatic.  It tries to boot with UEFI's EFI
> boot first, and then falls back to legacy emulation booting if needed.
> You don't even need to know it is happening, it just works.

Excellent! There are times when "it just works" is exactly what I want to
hear. From looking at the specs it looks like a terrific motherboard, and
I can now go shopping cheerfully for a quiet case and a good deal. I expect
to have it all built by Charles at Filtech, who is very good at this sort
of thing.

I can't quite expect my old disks to "just work" -- being a gentoo system
there is the fun of reinstalling/recompiling for a new processor and new
hardware. Ahh, processor cycles to burn.

Did you try the SSD/mechanical hard drive caching option? It sounded rather
interesting.

Peter King			 	peter.king-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Department of Philosophy
170 St. George Street #521
The University of Toronto		    (416)-978-4951 ofc
Toronto, ON  M5R 2M8
       CANADA

http://individual.utoronto.ca/pking/

GPG keyID 0x7587EC42 (2B14 A355 46BC 2A16 D0BC  36F5 1FE6 D32A 7587 EC42)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7587EC42