New article in the Economist criticizing Linux usability

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 13 18:25:18 UTC 2012

this is definitely a long-term PITA in linux, and was fixed for drives by
using UIDS, and NIC's with "persistent-net-interfaces" being generated by
udev.

Of course, windows also has similar stupidity. Ever insert a USB HDD and
not find the drive because the OS assigned out the same drive-letter as an
existing network mapping?