Ubuntu using Unity as main desktop

Michael Hill mdhillca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 10 19:27:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I wonder what everyone's thoughts are on the new Unity Desktop for X windows
> is? Ubuntu seems to think highly of it as it's making its default manager Unity.

I upgraded to Natty on the weekend, but haven't given Unity much of a
chance.  I was curious to see how GNOME Shell worked with my new video
card (it didn't, the install needs debugging), so I made use of GDM's
sessions list where Unity and GNOME Shell have entries but Ubuntu
Classic just works.  (Unity starts well but I didn't have time to poke
around to see how to navigate it.)

Mike