NAT problem with FWBUILDER

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 11 21:39:12 UTC 2011

firewall / Policy / rule 7
# All other attempts to connect to
I've installed FWBUILDER on my OpenSUSE 11.3 firewall and am trying to
configure access to an IMAPS server behind the firewall,  I have
followed the examples in the documentation, but I can't seem to get it
to work.  I use www.grc.com to run port scans to see what's open.  If I
just enable imaps in the top policy, the port scan shows port 993
closed.  However, if I enable NAT, it now appears the port is blocked
(stealth).  I have no problem accessing the imaps if I use the firewall
that came with OpenSUSE.

The following are what's generated by the policy and NAT rules.

# the firewall are denied and logged
$IPTABLES -N In_RULE_7
for i_eth1 in $i_eth1_list
do
test -n "$i_eth1" && $IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp  -d $i_eth1
--dport 993  -m state --state NEW  -j In_RULE_7
done
$IPTABLES -A In_RULE_7   -j LOG  --log-level info --log-prefix "RULE 7
-- ACCEPT "
$IPTABLES -A In_RULE_7  -j ACCEPT

firewall / NAT / rule 1
echo "Rule 1 (NAT)"
#
for i_eth1 in $i_eth1_list
do
test -n "$i_eth1" && $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING  -p tcp -m tcp   -d
$i_eth1   --dport 993 -j DNAT --to-destination 172.16.1.10
done

Any ideas?

tnx jk