Ubuntu using Unity as main desktop

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 10 19:40:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What type of production box? Most places I would tend to have gnome
> would be "Desktop" boxes.

I would consider any box where if the box is not working properly, I
am ... very unhappy to be a production box. So, this currently means
my MythTV (media server) box (Mythbuntu), my old WRT54G router (Tomato
Linux) and my default workstation (Debian Linux). If my test PC, or my
Mac or my old Sun box are unavailable for 72 hours, yawn, it is
unfortunate, but not a big issue in my books. If one of the first
three are not available when I want I am ... not happy ... Expains why
when I want to look at say a new distro. I will first put it on the
test PC...

Colin.