Job lead at Teranet

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 16 17:44:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Digimer <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 06/16/2011 01:36 PM, Neil Watson wrote:
>>
>> I never worry too much about what is listed. They always overshoot. If
>> I meet half I go for it.
>
> I was thinking that might be a part of it. That said, I find it risky
> because, I would gather, people who might be perfect for the job and who
> don't like to exaggerate their skills would not bother to apply. It almost
> seems like a filter to remove honest applicants. :P

It makes me wonder how political the position is...

If you've got to start by jumping through hoops on convincing the
hiring managers that you qualify, contrary to your actual
qualifications, and throw in the factor that they were some
combination of ignorant and dishonest about what qualifications are
actually needed, that doesn't seem like a notably auspicious start.