Rogers signal encryption [was Re: Intel SandyBridge... I don't get it.]

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 31 16:34:14 UTC 2011

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Rogers Digital VIP is a package containing all the analog channels
> available, basic digital, one SD box, up to 4 cable outlets, canadian
> timeshifting stations, all the music channels and whatever else is part
> of the basic digital cable service.
VIP no longer includes the SD box.  It's now a rental item.  That's one
reason why I took mine back and bought a couple of 4250s, even though
one of them was connected to an analog set for a year.  I'm  now
entirely HD, with TVs in the living room & bedroom and a 23" 1080p
computer monitor in my computer room, which is connected to one of the
4250s.

I bought the 4250s during the Boxing Week sale at Future Shop last year.