Rogers signal encryption [was Re: Intel SandyBridge... I don't get it.]

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 31 19:27:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:19:23AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> Speaking of rogers, I think I can finally ditch the rogers cable modem
> since teksavvy appears to now have thornhill cable modem support.
> That should save me $20 or so per month and give me much larger
> bandwidth cap.

  Maybe a slightly lower price, but forget extra gigabytes.  See...
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25187382-New-Rogers-TPIA-rates-UBB-by-July-1
and especially the bottom of page 3 of...
http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1606728~e6bea344cbf7440ebf6665a3fcdfbc94/Rogers%20TN%2018%20Proposed%20TPIA%20Tariff%20Pages.pdf

Quote...
where Rogers applies volume caps and additional volume usage charges to
its retail Internet end-users, the same volume caps and additional
volume usage charges will apply to end-users of the TPIA Customer. The
volume caps are:
      Utra-Lite       2 GB
      Lite           15 GB
      Express        60 GB