Nokia to use Window mobile 7

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 23:06:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 05:38:35PM -0500, ted leslie wrote:
> i havn't used qt dev in a while, but i find it hard to believe for gui
> design anything
> even comes close to Expression Blend (4). The segmentation of coder to
> designer is insanely cool and clean (xaml),
> and the  rapidness of development is also unbelievable.  (and have you
> tried sketchflow for presentation of work?)
> If you MS MFC with C++, have you ever Expression Blend'ed with c#  (or
> maybe managed c++ if its supported, i can't remember).
> If you want a true open platform that deploys everywhere with
> performance of C  just go with moonlight/silverlight so your
> good to hit apple iphone/pad, apple Power, apple intel, windows,
> windows mobile, linux, meego, andriod, sun,  .......

Silverlight does not work on linux.

moonlight does OK for silverlight 2, but 3 and 4 are non existant,
and parts of 4 will never happen because they are for Windows only APIs.

So, no it really would be a very stupid idea.  Even java would work
better than that and I wouldn't recommend it either.

--
Len Sorensen