UBB and more explained very well

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 5 17:11:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM,  <phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Very interesting. Although I'm very suspicious of Bell (and Rogers, from
> whom I had two sales calls this evening in spite of being on the Do Not
> Call list),

Have you done any business with Rogers recently?  If so they may be
able to call you regardless of your status on the DNC*.  If not, you
could lodge a complaint (ugh... with the CRTC); several thousand
people did just that due to Bell's telemarketing tactics.  By way of
example, see <http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/924296--bell-telemarketers-aggressive-abusive-crtc-documents>.

* From the "Who Can Still Call You" DNC page:
  <https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/cofi-fico-eng>

Telemarketing calls from organizations with whom you have an existing
business relationship are also exempt. You are considered to have an
existing business relationship with a telemarketer if you:

 - Purchased, leased, or rented a product or service in the last
eighteen (18) months from the telemarketer;
 - Have a written contract with the telemarketer for a service that is
still in effect or expired within the last eighteen (18) months;
and/or
 - Asked a telemarketer about a product or service within the last six
(6) months.

(The section "What can you do to reduce telemarketing calls that are
exempt from the National DNCL Rules?" may also be relevant)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4

  Member of the Pirate Party of Canada