Any smartphone-rooting-services and CyanogenMod installers?

Sammy Lao sammy.lao-OvU2V46eqDdvgyatUqoQW0B+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 29 15:49:31 UTC 2011

Walter,
do you really need it to be rooted? There aren't many compelling reasons to root an android phone anymore. CyanogenMod is nice, but, there is a certain amount of techie-ness to update it after you have it installed.

My general recommendation for android phones is that people should not root it unless they want to spend time tinkering with it.

If you do want to tinker, I recommend that you do try rooting it yourself. It's a good exercise when you need to update Cyanogenmod. The rootkit may not work with Linux tho. ADB works great, but not sure about HTC Sync.