Office Software Politics

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 26 15:44:48 UTC 2010

> Len Sorensen wrote:

> If I have to make a nice looking document, I will use latex.  At least
> then it does what I say and nothing else and it is visible where
> everything will happen.  And I can write it in an editor I like using.

I just finished a large book project (Analog Circuit Design) using Latex,
and it's great for that kind of project. Word or OO Writer would be very
cumbersome by comparison. But for writing a short document, it seems to me
using Latex is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

So what do you use to write a one or two page document?

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto