Office Software Politics

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 26 16:17:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:44:48AM -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> I just finished a large book project (Analog Circuit Design) using Latex,
> and it's great for that kind of project. Word or OO Writer would be very
> cumbersome by comparison. But for writing a short document, it seems to me
> using Latex is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.
>
> So what do you use to write a one or two page document?

Plain text, or latex.

I don't believe in changing the tool just because the size of the document
is different.  If you are used to it and have the templates already,
a two page document is trivial.

Why does your two page document not deserve to look consistent and good?
And if it doesn't deserve that, then use plain text.

--
Len Sorensen