Gartner predictions

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 25 13:04:40 UTC 2010

Gartner make many predictions about the future of the IT industry but if
you try to find information on how successful previous predictions were
information is sorely limited.

Well I just found an article from 2002 which goes into Gartner's
predictions for 2010.  You be the judge of how close they were to reality
:)

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1054116.html

The claim about a reduced workforce as a result of automation is
interesting.  Everytime someone automates part of my job (as a sysadmin) I
end up with more work to do, and it is more interesting work.  This is a
natural function of the layer nature of IT.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org		Linux counter ID #16440