free old tech books

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 24 16:19:39 UTC 2010

These books are available.  Anyone want some?

I can probably deliver to a TLUG meeting.

Programming Guide to Pen Services for Microsoft Windows 95

a Pascal manual, in Chinese (which I cannot read).  I don't remember
if this is a translation of one of the classic texts.  Very cheaply
printed.

Microsoft Windows 95 Resource Kit. (Includes 3 floppies)

Bruce K. Brickman, Esq.: Legal Aspects: Acquiring & Protecting
Software; Software protection . contracts . negotiations; 1984

HP LaserJet IIP Printer User's Manual
>From the era when there were real manuals: a couple of hundred pages!

Scott Maxwell: Linux Core Kernel Commentary
A fat book with annotated Linux Kernel.  Old: 1999

Stephen T. Satchell, H. B. J. Clifford: Linux IP Stacks Commentary
A fat book with annotated Linux IP stack.  Old: 2000

Charles Petzold: Programming Windows 3.1
Supposedly a classic

Ralston et al: Encyclopedia of Computer Science
Very good but very old: 1976, 1523 pages.

X/Open Portability Guide: Window Management
Old: 1988

Solaris Porting Guide
>From SunSoft.  1995.  700 pages

John Shirley: Guide to Writing DCE Applications
O'Reilly & Associates 1993.  251 pages

James E. Buchanan: BiCMOS / CMOS Systems Design
Old: 1991.  Much might actually still apply but I don't know.