draw a pretty timeline graphic w/ text?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 5 22:04:22 UTC 2010

On 11/04/2010 02:19 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY
> <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>> The Graphviz plug-in for Trac enabled me to create diagrams that could be
>> viewed right in the wiki without having to download an attachment. I could
>> have done that by exporting a Kivio diagram to PNG too, but the advantage of
>> the Graphviz plug-in is that I can have hyperlinks in the various symbols to
>> other diagrams, Trac tickets, Trac wiki pages, changesets, any web site, in
>> short, anything that has a URL.
>
> That's rather cool!  It doesn't *quite* press me to look into Trac,

There are plenty of other reasons to use Trac, like a configurable
ticket workflow that we use quite effectively. We use Trac milestones to
represent two week iterations (in "agile" parlance). Tickets are opened
for defects, enhancement requests, tasks, or requests for information
and we use the ticket owner for "ball in court" handling. The ticket
states that I remember (without checking) are: new, assigned, wip (work
in progress), pending_approval, approved, ready_for_testing, needs_work,
closed. With a custom Trac report, project participants have a very good
overview of the status of the project all in one place.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis