Support your Linux distro... please buy your DVD/CD!

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 26 16:35:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 09:12:51PM -0400, William Park wrote:
>> I've noticed that a lot of distro have announced their latest release,
>> ie. Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu, Centos, Mint, Mepis, etc...
>> Please buy DVD/CD!  We can talk about their features until cows come
>> home, but if users don't buy them, then you can bet Bill Gates won't.
>
> But I don't want a DVD.  It's a waste of plastic for something that will
> be obsolete soon.  Netinstalls are the only sane way to go.  Donate money
> to the project instead.
>
> If someone thinks physical disc sales are the only way to count users,
> then they are idiots (besides even Microsoft knows better than that.
> They count sold licenses instead, and many of those (in fact most)
> do not include any media anymore).
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Cups, T-shirts, and other such things aren't a bad idea though, as
available. They're a visibly show of support.
Of course, cash goes directly to the bank, but it's nice to have a
token for yourself too :-)

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

“It can takes months to gain a customer, but only seconds to lose one"